Monday, October 29, 2012

Miscellaneous Monday

I've often struggled with giving my kids chores. Often it's just so much easier to do it myself! We do make our kids clean up their toys (usually with our help) yet often it ends up being a fight. However, this weekend I finally found something that Lemon Boy will do without complaint. Match socks and fold his own underwear while I'm pulling stuff out of the dryer. Success!
 
This totally makes me laugh!

I just finished reading "Heidi" by Johanna Spyri. I downloaded it on my kindle because it was free but it really is such a sweet simple story. People ask if that's where my parents got my name from? Nope but I do like the braids!
The other day we went to Old Navy and as soon as we walked in Lemon Boy asked me to take a picture of him with the dog... then proceeded to tell me to post it on Facebook. Umm... what??
Our church had a ladies conference this weekend and Kasey Van Norman was the speaker. She has such an amazing testimony and although I'm still processing, I was very encouraged by her message. Also she was from Texas and had the most fabulous accent! Truth time: Does anyone else pick on accents of others? I totally found myself wanting to speak like a southern gal :)

Happy Monday ya'll!



miscellany monday at lowercase letters

24 comments:

  1. I love accents, though I have no desire to mimic one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not great at assigning chores either. Oh well lol. The photo of the pig above is funny and gross!

    Thanks for linking up this weekend and for the follow. I'm now your newest follower :)

    Paula
    lifeasweknowitbypaula.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, the roadkill is disgusting but I can't imagine just painting over it either!

      Delete
  3. Heidi was one of my favs as a kid -- I think I still have my copy somewhere around here.
    Love that your son wanted his pic taken and posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's kind of funny and kind of embarrassing too! He's five, he probably shouldn't even know about facebook :P

      Delete
  4. Thanks for linking up with Super Sunday Sync, we're glad you stopped, hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Monday! Are you going to write about the ladies conference? I hope so!
    I also know how that chore thing can go. It's been cool to see my son (he's 8) transform into doing chores with what we call "a happy heart" as time went on. Letting him know he was helping the family with his contribution sank in for him over time.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I do want to write about the conference and what God is doing in my heart with what I heard there, just processing still :)

      Delete
  6. Good morning Heidi! I found your blog at the GFC Blog Hop, I like it a lot so I'm now following you ^^
    Hope you get a chance to visit mine as well.
    I've read that book several years ago I can't barely remember anything about it : / Should re-read it again! ^^ xx
    n o i r e d a m e

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it really is a sweet story. Too bad I'm not as sweet as she is ;)

      Delete
  7. My littlest sister (6) is at the age where she asks my parents to take certain pictures and videos of her to put them on Facebook--it's hilarious that they know what that is and want to be featured on it!
    And I've heard from others that I tend to pick up on the accents of the people I live around and start talking like they do...apparently I've done that ever since I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh that first pic cracks me up!!

    http://abpetite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. hhaha yes, accents are so easy to pick up!

    have a great day! Stop by thechiffondiary.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Old Navy picture made me laugh!!! My four-year-old once requested to have her picture taken with every single mannequin we encountered on our way out of the mall!!! Children are so funny:) You can check us out at www.mtolympusacademy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kids are hilarious! A picture taken with every mannequin, that would've taken forever!

      Delete
  11. That top photo- omg, some people are SO LAZY lol. And 2nd, where did you come up with the nickname for your son? It's quite unique!
    Thanks so much for linking up with the GFC Collective, hope you acquired some new followers!
    Bre @ Peacoats and Plaid

    ReplyDelete
  12. is that book Heidi from the disney movie Heidi?? ohhh that used to be my fave and I would cry.cry.cry! and I seriously have always wanted to name my daughter Heidi because of it. hahaha. newest follower from the giveaway at Pretty Living PDX!! yay for a new bloggy buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh gosh, there are so many accents that I would love to have- probably Irish is my most sought after followed by Southern American :)

    Thanks for joining up with the Almost Friday Thursday Blog Hop. We would love to have you back again this week :)

    Samara
    www.thesecretlifeofsamara.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh. That "not my job" picture is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaah I love that he told you to put it on facebook!! So funny. So strange the world that our kids are growing up in.
    And I LOVE accents too!! The Jewish lecturer here is likely the same one you had! He's French, and Trevor says he can be difficult to understand: Jacques Gabizon? I haven't been able to sit in any classes yet, but I get the podcasts and material to do it at home. Not the same, but still better than nothing :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for linking up to Followers to Friend's blog hop, I hope you met some cool new bloggy friends :)
    Happy Halloween x

    P.S. Shabby Apple are giving away a dress on my blog if you want to enter! http://www.sweetpeasylvie.com/2012/11/im-stylish-breastfeeding-mama-shabby.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVE Shabby Apple! I'll be stopping by soon!

      Delete
  17. Hey lady! I found your blog from the Yours Truly blog hop and I'm now following you- I hope you'll stop by and follow back! By the way? That first picture totally cracked me up!
    xo, Sarah
    www.comingunstitched.com

    ReplyDelete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...