Wednesday, October 3, 2012

♪♫♪ Let's Get Together Yah Yah Yah ♪♫♪

When I first started this blog I didn't know anything about the blogging community. I had a couple friends who had started blogs and a few more random ones that I read regularly but that was about it. However, in this last year or so I've started meeting new blogger friends and realize what a great way to meet people this is! Carina from lovely little whimsy recently did a post where she invited her readers to introduce themselves. I love this idea and I hope you'll join in!

To all my readers, let's be friends! You read my blog and hear all about me but now I want to know something about you!

Who are you? Do you blog? Why?
Work inside or outside of your home? Favorite colour? Kids? 
What do you love about your life? Something you wish you could change?
Where are you from? What's one of your favorite things about your town?
Favorite way to relax? Fun thing you have planned for the future?

You don't have to answer all the questions 
but do tell me a little bit about yourself and let's be friends!

I'll go first... 
I'm a 31 year old Mama to my two precious boys (5 and 2), wife to a youth pastor
 and I spend my weekdays 
working outside the home for a foundation that helps people 
give their money to charity.
I love that I have some really cool people in my life who inspire me and keep me smiling.
I wish I could be more disciplined in spending time with God.
I blog because I enjoy writing and I really enjoy reading other people's blogs! Plus it's so fun to look back at your old posts and be reminded of funny things your kids did or an
amazing way the Lord revealed Himself to you.
I enjoy cooking when I have the time, drinking coffee (lots an lots!), reading, blogging 
and
relaxing with my hubby and boys. 
My favorite colour depends on the day and what it's for!
I've lived the majority of my life in Alberta, Canada. 
I love the wide open spaces and the fact that the mountains are only an hour drive away.
I looove the stages my boys are in right now, they are just too funny 
(currently Googa is on a pirate kick and goes around saying "Ahoy Ladies!") 
Claudio and I can't bring ourselves to correct him. 
Mostly because we're too busy laughing.

Having a blast with Grandpa!

Cousins and their Dads playing soccer

Love spending time with family and love that my boys love spending time with them too!
One of my favorite ways to relax is with a good book or
watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives with Claudio.
I am so looking forward to a weekend get-away with just my hubby in November and of course Christmas season is coming quickly! My favorite time of the year.

Okay, who's next?
Can't wait to hear from you!


9 comments:

  1. I'm Thioni, your cousin in-law hah. I don't blog at the moment but me and my sister are talking about starting one together. I do read a million blogs though, mostly food blogs. I work/go to school doing my masters in chemical engineering. My favorite colour is something bright. No kids!
    I love living in the Maritimes for now, and love my church, and my friends and baking. I do wish my family was closer, and I wasn't full of student debt. I'm from Calgary but live in Fredericton now. I love them both for very different reasons. Calgary = family and actual city things. Fredericton = small quiet beauty and hilarious Maritimers. My favorite way to relax is baking or chatting with friends with a bottle of wine. As for fun things, I am planning a trip with my sister...location to be determined.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Thioni, you guys SHOULD start a blog, I would definitely be a reader! Thanks for participating, it's what makes a blog fun :)

      Delete
  2. Hola Heidi!
    I'm SimplyyMayra, stopped by via Follow Me Wednesday and I'm glad I did. I really enjoy reading your posts. I left you some love and support...now your new loyal reader #107. I look forward to getting to know more about you and yours.

    I kindly invite you over to mine and only hope that you enjoy your visit. Thanks! Tootles!

    ~Simplyymayra
    blog: PonderWonders at www.simplyymayra.com
    email: ponderwonders@simplyymayra.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola Mayra! Thanks for playing :) I will visit soon.

      Delete
  3. I'm a lurky loo sometimey reader.
    I keep a blog, okdani.com. one child, Sharkie, who's 4 months soon. And fave color is Pink. I'm too lazy to answer all your questions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So nice to "meet" you Dani! Thanks for introducing yourself :)

      Delete
  4. Hi Heidi, I like this post! So...I'm Kate. I have a blog. It started as a way to share about our three adoptions, and now I focus on humor and sometimes about my relationship with Jesus. I'm a SAHM, who homeschools and likes green, and has three kids (8, 6, 3). I love my kids and husband and am happy with where I am right now. I wish I could find a better balance between homemaking and blogging. I always feel like one is being cheated (homemaking). I grew up in Northern VA, and now live outside Chicago. Relax = coffee (ha!), my journal, and usually a book about Jesus. And I have no plans for the future - still going day by day at this point. :-)
    Love the pic of your son up in the air!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized I gave you a "complisult"! "I like this post! So..." could imply that I like THIS post, not just any of your others, so for this one I'll join in. NOT the case! I like your posts and I like this one and I'm joining in. ;-)

      Delete
    2. Bwa ha ha! Didn't even notice that!

      Delete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...