Thursday, October 25, 2012

Keep On Keepin' On

Every Thursday I share something that I'm thankful for. Often I'm thankful for my family, how could I not be?



Sometimes writing about thankfulness is easy, sometimes more difficult.

Today I am choosing to be thankful

Despite a little man waking up last night at 3am and not falling back asleep until after 6am
(my alarm goes off at 7)

Despite my cold and sore throat which feels worse because of the lack of sleep

Despite the yucky snow, slippery roads and terrible weather

Despite the fact my house is a mess

There are all sorts of little things I could focus on which would cause me to look around and say 

"poor me"

But then again, there are all sorts of things I can focus on which cause me to look around and say

"Wow, I'm blessed!"

My hubby watching three episodes of House Hunters with me last night
(I'm sure there was some other sport's channel he would have rather been watching!)

Coffee (do I really need to say more?)

Warm home

Getting into a warm car this morning to go to work because Claudio started it for me!

The ladies retreat coming up this weekend at our church

There is so much good in my life!

So, what about you?

What are you thankful for today?





Linking up with Cassie, Carina, Emily and Sarah

45 comments:

  1. Today I am thankful for my kitties who provide much needed heat, purrs, and sweetness. Esther Norine Designs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sara, nice to meet you! I'll be stopping by soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from Embrace the Camera. Today I am grateful for a husband who distracted the toddler from waking me and the baby up too early, and an easy-going baby who sleeps extremely well for a newborn!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what I love about having a grateful heart, that despite the circumstances of our lives there is always, always, always something to be thankful for. Hope you are feeling better soon sweet girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopping over from Te Fontenot Four. What a great attitude. Sounds like you do have so much to be thankful for. Especially the House Hunters viewing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thankful I stumbled across this post! You said it perfectly.. not every day is going to be exactly spectacular... but we do still have an awful lot to be thankful for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stopping over from Sarah's Thankful Thursday link up. I hate those late (early) wakeups. It's a good thing kids are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm thankful for my 100th follower! Yay! Thanks for popping by. Two boys - I know all about that. Mine are 11 and 9 now - still just as lively and lovely!! X

    ReplyDelete
  9. I pray your retreat will be spiritually and physically refreshing for you. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Boo winter is no fun! Come on over to the sun and sand and everything will be better ♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Heidi,
    Just read your comment on my blog I wrote about being thankful. I wanted to head over to your blog and here I am reading your blog about being thankful! I love it! I'm looking forward to following you back :)

    and yay to your husband for watching house hunters with you !!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing Heidi!! I am thankful that today is my Friday and I don't have to drive on those yucky roads tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! I would be thankful for that too! Especially in this weather :)

      Delete
  13. Snow?! Wow. That's a thought I'm not ready for yet. And I thought I lived in cold winter country!

    We recently got over our 2nd bad bout with colds this fall...so I hear you. You're right that there are still things to be thankful for, though! Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are always things to be thankful for, it's a matter of perspective :)

      Delete
  14. love the c.s. lewis quote! thankful for my bed, headed there now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wait! You have snow already! I miss snow...My husband thinks I would feel differently if I actually had to deal with it all winter long though :) Love the thankful list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha, when you're living with it you certainly don't miss snow :) Although I would be sad if I didn't have snow at Christmas time!

      Delete
  16. i also do a thankful thursday post though I haven't always been faithful with it...

    So many things to be thankful for :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Heidi! I loved your list and we all know the feeling of how easy it is to want to complain. Thanks for following my parenting blog. You might like my Christian mom blog where I have a series of posts on being thankful at Happy Moms, Happy Homes http://happymomshappyhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is SO easy to slip into the "poor me" mindset some days, isn't it? Some weeks, knowing that Thursday is coming and I get to write my post is the one thing that snaps me out of it and makes me stop to the ink about the amazing things God has blessed me with...and the amazing people. Thank you for stopping by my blog today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do fall into the "poor me" mindset often. This is why I want to do this post every Thursday. To remind myself of everything I have to be grateful for!

      Delete
    2. i'm thankful i got to go on vacation, even though i'm so tired! i'm also thankful i had such an awesome birthday!

      Delete
    3. Awe, birthdays and vacations?! That Certainly is a reason to be thankful :)

      Delete
  19. Thank you for linking your blog on the Weekend Blog Walk. Following back!
    http://krumblecakesandsweets.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Is that a "You rock! You rule!" shirt!? Cute!! :D
    Dropping by from the blog hop. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Sonja! Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is great. Being grateful is the best way to have a happy day :)

    New Follower!

    ReplyDelete
  23. A hubby who watches what the wife wants instead of sports? Please, please, please have your man call man and casually drop the perks of being so thoughtful w/the TV. :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Heidi! I am thankful that we made it 10 hours in the car with a toddler this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes!! That certainly IS something to be thankful for :D

      Delete
  25. Hi! hi! Stopping by from Mom's Monday Mingle to say hi. I am your newest follower :)

    Cheryl
    http://www.naptimeisthenewhappyhour.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such cute photos! And what a great attitude. I love that despite the hard stuff, you still are thankful. I could use a dose of that every now and then. Popping over from the blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks Lindsay! There are lots of times I'm not thankful so I write these posts to remind myself of all the good things I do have in my life :)

      Delete
  27. Hi! New follower from GFC. House Hunters is the best! Love the cut epics:)
    Erin
    www.whollydeliciousdishes.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Erin,

    I LOVE House Hunters :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a wonderful list of things to be thankful for! It really is the little things in life that matter most! Ps house hunters is such a great show!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Heidi thanks for stopping in to say hi! I'm glad you're now following along. I look forward to following your blog!

    -Sam
    Life as Mrs. B

    ReplyDelete
  31. Stopped by from Moms Mingle Monday. Hope the sore throat feels better. A ladies retreat sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...