Friday, October 19, 2012

Coffee Talk

Linking up with Natalie for her weekly Coffee Talk! 
I love Q&A posts and this one looked like fun! 
I have my coffee (flavoured with Nestle creamer) 
go get yours and let's have coffee time.
Questions for this week:
 1. Let's talk about ink: Do you have tattoos? How many?? 

Actually yes, I have two.

A fish on my thigh

and a compass on my wrist
My husband, brother-in-law and sister-in-law all have matching ones, 
we got them while we were vacationing in Spain.

2. Let's talk about hair styles: Bangs, do you have them, want them, or trying to grow them out? What about side bangs? 

I usually have bangs. Most of the time they're long and side-swept like this


But I have had them short enough to wear straight down too



3. Let's talk about work: Without getting specific with a company name, what do you do? What did you want to be when you grew up when you were young? 

I am an admin assistant at a foundation that assists people with their charitable giving as well as advising on will and estate planning, among other things.

I do recall telling my Mom when I was little that I wanted to be a secretary when I grew up so I guess this fits the bill. I also wanted to be a doctor or lawyer but those things require too much school for me. To tell you the truth, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up!

4. Let's talk about friends: Do you find it easier or more difficult to meet new friends as an adult? Do you have what you'd consider 'blog friends'? What about IRL (in real life) friends? 

I found it so much harder to make friends as a grown up! Actually, after I got home from Bible school I had lost touch with my girl friends from high school and my best friend had moved away. I felt like I didn't have any really close girl friends again until right about when Lemon Boy was born. Then I met some awesome, awesome ladies who are truly the best! And as a bonus they all have kids around my kids ages so it's easy to get together, we just plan a playdate :) 

I do have a couple 'blog friends'. I was a bit skeptical at first but there have definitely been some fellow bloggers who've become my friends. Very cool!

5. Let's talk about Social media: Android or iPhone? Twitter or Facebook? 

I love my iPhone! I'm lost without it!

Twitter, not so much. I have an account but I'm not really into it.

Facebook, yeah I like it 
but I don't spend nearly as much time on it as I used to.

Waiting for the next big thing :)


Coffee Talk with Natalie Blair




Follow my blog with Bloglovin

21 comments:

  1. Ok... I LOVE your tattoos and you look great with bangs and side bangs! You pull it off well!

    And iPhones are seriously winning this one! HAHA!

    Thanks for linking up with me! Love your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm visiting and now following from the hop.
    Lucky you, you got to go to Spain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post ;)
    I lovee your tatoos. I didnt know you had two. I always love hearing why people get the tatoos they get... why the fish ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Suzy! I don't have some deep reason I got the fish. I enjoy being in water (the whole swim instructor/lifeguard thing) and I thought the fish was pretty. That basically sums it up :)

      Delete
    2. Oh that's cool ! Its really nice. Beautiful colours !

      Delete
  4. Very cool tattoos! I'm more of a facebook lady too twitter just moves so fast!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I've just never really gotten into or understand it :P

      Delete
  5. Love you tattoos! I wish I had the guts to get one. lol.

    Also, I nominated you for the Liebster blog award! Check out the details here:

    http://asoldierslady.blogspot.com/2012/10/2nd-liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really dig your fish tattoo, great quality, and vibrant colors! And I'm jealous that you can pull different styles of bangs well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Heidi! I'm stopping by from the I Love My Online Friends blog hop... you have a great blog! I enjoyed reading your coffee talk and getting to know you a bit better, and I have to say your son resembles you a lot! Following you now, feel free to stop by my blog and say hello!

    x Ellie @ Ellalogy 
    deborah lippmann/fresh giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellie,

      Thanks for commenting, I love to meet new readers! I will be stopping by your blog soon :)

      Delete
  8. I love that you can wear your bangs both way. I need to cut my bangs so they can do that


    www.studentswife.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've had a fringe twice in my adult life and hated it both times, i have a cowslick so they just look wrong !!! i've just finished growing out my second fringe disaster. I WISH they suited me because I LOVE fringes
    http://myfroley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cowlicks are annoying! I have one but it works with my bangs, I just have to part them on a specific side :)

      Delete
  10. Hi Heidi, I'm a new follower. I agree with what you said, I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up and I'm 29! If ya get a chance please check me out @ http://diaryofabfmama.blogspot.com and http://unorganizedchaosx3.blogspot.com

    ~Danielle~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha ha! I think there are a lot of people who would say they still don't know what they want to be when they grow up :)

      I'll be dropping by soon!

      Delete
  11. No, tattoos because I'm to chicken to get one. However, I LOVE, LOVE looking at others. I'm a huge Ink Master fan. Hubby has two and wants another one.

    Don't work, unless you count the fact that now I get paid some (peanuts really) to blog some of my posts (not very many.)

    I do find it harder to make friends as an adult. I have two close friends,and lots of acquaitances. I do feel closer to a lot of virtal friends I've made.

    I love iPhones, and am counting down until I get another one.
    (Spelling is NOT a virtue of mine.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, Crystal! That's the thing about tattoos. Once you have one, you just want more :) I was super nervous to get my first one but I love it!

      Delete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...