My sister-in-law (who is an amazing hairdresser btw) did my hair in the evening and by the time I got home the boys were in bed. The next morning I was greeted with the following reactions
Googa "heh heh, nice hair Mama"
Lemon Boy "I want your hair back to blonde!" Now the irony here is that when I dyed it blonde, Lemon Boy was adamant for months that he only liked it dark!
The last time we were in Banff we were browsing in a specialty tea store. I took a look at a tea travel mug and shook my head when I saw the price, $30 for a travel mug! Lemon Boy heard me tell Claudio the price and he exclaimed
"Such a tiny thing for such a big dollar!" Well said Lemon Boy, well said.
I made these cookies the other day, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Trolls... ah-may-zing!
Got my recipe from here and the original recipe is from here. I followed the first version fairly closely, I didn't have a full-half cup of margarine so I substituted some canola oil instead. Next time I will actually use less chocolate chips (I can't believe I actually typed that!) but seriously, there were so many that some of my cookies had more chocolate than dough. I think 3/4 of a cup would be sufficient.
I wrote this post in May and then kind of forgot about it until I read this post by Emily @ oh hello, love! a couple weeks ago. She followed it up with a few more really thought-provoking posts, you can read them here and here. Once again my heart is moved. How am I showing Jesus' love?





nice hair.=)
ReplyDeleteLove your hair, both colors look great! Those cookies look delicious!!
ReplyDeleteThanks :) The cookies truly were amazing! Too bad Lemon Boy can't take any to school because they have peanuts in them :(
Deleteyour very lucky that you are one of those girls that can look great as a blonde or a brunette. i asked my hairdresser once if she would color my hair brown and she gave me a big fat NO. bummer moment for me.....i think its gorgeous with your eyes! have a great week!
ReplyDeleteWell I've had some people tell me they like the blonde better and others like the brown. I really enjoyed the blonde but hated having to touch up the roots all the time (too much work!) So it'll probably stay brown for a while :)
DeleteThanks for the lovely compliment!
I'm loving the miscellany - and cookies are always good really!
ReplyDeleteSarah
http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk/
Thanks Sarah :)
DeleteSo, I saw your tiny little square picture on the GFC blog hop this morning and I was like, she colored her hair brown!!! At least you're still recognizable. Some people...even people in my own family, look so different with a different color of hair that I can't recognize them. You look great! Kids just don't like change most of the time, I think.
ReplyDeleteThanks Rachel! You're right, some kids don't like change and I KNOW my Lemon Boy doesn't like change.
DeleteThanks! The cookies really were good :)
ReplyDeleteHi Sarah, I'll be stopping by :)
ReplyDeleteI like the dark! You totally can pull off either color though. And you are tempting me with those cookies!!! lol Coming to you from the GFC blog hop. Now following you via GFC. I blog over at www.dalaynadillon.blogspot.com Look forward to chatting and getting to know you!
ReplyDeleteDalayna