Friday, October 12, 2012

Friday's Letters v.10.12

Dear Friday,

Thank goodness you're here! I know this was a short week but somehow short weeks 
always end up seeming longer. I need a weekend.

Dear Preschool Kid's Club Class,

Remember this? And how I didn't want it to happen?



Last Wednesday... yeah. 

One kid pukes, another kid(s) pulls down the sun from a solar system that's hanging from the ceiling and when all of you sit down to colour I realize that I've forgotten the colouring sheet for this lesson. 
So I hurry into the supply room, grab a random colouring page with a rainbow on it, write "Joy" across the top and photocopy it. Only to realize after I've handed them out (crisis averted!) that they need to have the memory verse on them for you to memorize for next week. I then proceed to hand-write the verse on about 18 pages, in blue ink so as to erase any doubt from the parent's minds that I was totally unprepared. 

Thanks. Let's not have a repeat next week, okay?

Dear Kindergarten,

Thank you! Lemon Boy loves you! 
We kept him home on Thursday because he was sick and he cried because he wanted to go to school. 
And as an added bonus, 
he will now actually tolerate wearing a tie 
because the teacher complimented his for picture day. Sweet!

Dear Husband,

I love you. You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. 
I know you've been terribly busy and that's why I haven't said too much but
please.paint.the.house.
In return I promise to finally finish cleaning up and file 
all that pesky paperwork that's been lying around for almost as long as the painting's been waiting.
But seriously 
please, please, please paint the house.

Dear Boys,

What can I say? Grandma found my old clip-on earrings and a random headband. 


You had fun. So did we. 
I know, I should probably start saving for the therapy you're sure to need.

Dear Readers,

Thanks for the sweet emails and comments you've been sending my way.
I love to hear from you!





Photobucket

19 comments:

  1. Hahah Oh man that picture of kindergarten cop, I imagine that's what it was like, Poor you.
    The boys are so awesome! they're so cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Grandmas are the best..
    Adorable pics of your boys!
    Here from Adventures of Newlyweds!

    Love,
    Brandy Jane Mabel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping over the Friday Letters. Number one reason is because I your picture is from Kindergarten Cop and that movie makes me laugh waaaaaaay too much! :)

    XO BoldButterBaby

    www.boldbutterbaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! Newest follower via GFC on the blog walk! :)
    http://adayinthelifeofamomandawife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! Love the post!
    Thanks for sharing!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so great that he loves school, it makes it much easier! I am a new follower from the GFC Party!

    I hope you have a great weekend!
    Michelle
    www.delicateconstruction.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That really makes me wanna hug grandma! Those pics are adorable!!! Hope the house is painted soon, especially before it gets too cold outside. Have a wonderful weekend! New Follower here. :)

    Falen
    www.upwardnotinward.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wise friend of mine says, "Our job as parents is not to ensure they won't need therapy, they will. Our job is to ensure that they're successful enough to afford it!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness! This made me laugh out loud! God bless you for your work with preschoolers! I would lose my mind!! I work with mostly 3rd and 4th graders right now. That's young enough for me!! Have a WONDERFUL weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pics on here! Had to chuckle at your "Kindergarten Cop" experience. Poor mama! I'm a new follower from the "I love my post" hop, following here and on FB. Hope you have a great weekend. - Amy

    http://motherhoodandmiscellany.com
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Motherhood-and-Miscellany

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this! I do my Friday LEtters too ! I hope you stop by to check them out!
    your boys are way too cute! I have a daughter and in a couple years I'll be praying day and night for 9 months to have a boy haha!
    Thank you so much for sharing the picture!
    -jesika
    withlovejka.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is funny and gave me a laugh! Im a beauty n mom blogger from australua. Im following u from the blog hop :) hope u can visit/follow me at www.makemeupmandy.com im having a giveaway too :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG cute boys, and your letter is too sweet <3
    anyway, I've followed your blog. mind to follow me back? <3

    come and see my blog,
    gitasyalala.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a lovely post! might give friday letters a go?? (found via blog hop- i love my post) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Heidi - thanks for stopping by to leave a comment on my blog yesterday! Since I'm not sure who ever comes back to read my replies, I came to visit you too. I’ve noticed that you participate in a few other link-ups, like Miscellany Monday, Thankful Thursdays, Friday’s Letters and a whole bunch more. :) There are so many different ones to join in on, it’s hard to know which ones to pick! I think 5 Minute Fridays will be fun for me and I bet you’d be good at it too! I like the Friday's Letters though - it seems like a good way to recap a week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Replies
    1. Thanks Dawn, they are such a fun way to recap the week!

      Delete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...