Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankfulness



Does that thought not make you pause?


Today is Thankful Thursday!

I say this every week but it is one of those truths that I need to be reminded of
so often.

This past few weeks have been hard.

It feels like nothing is going right.

But then yesterday, I read this post.

It was EXACTLY what I needed to hear. God knew this.

It can be really hard to share your
heart on your blog. To be open with your struggles.

But if there's one thing I've learned,
it's that God uses all sorts of people. In all sorts of ways.

So today I am thankful for blogs.
Thankful that God spoke to me through Ashley's post.

Amazed that He used social media to get my attention
But thankful that He used whatever means needed
To show me the truth

That's what I'm thankful for today.

How about you?


12 comments:

  1. I too, am so appreciative to read blogs where women choose to be transparent and allow us to relate to them through their struggles and then gain their insight as well if they share that.
    I loved that picture that you posted at the beginning of the blog. I'd like to print it or make some sort of sign out of it for the house...such good words.

    As always I'm thankful to have a healthy family together under one roof. Thankful that we each do our best each day to love one another!

    have an awesome day!!
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon! I know that it's hard to share struggles on a blog. So much easier to just pretend everything's great.

      Yet often when someone shares what they've been struggling with, it helps to encourage me with a similar struggle :) That quote is wonderful, I should put it up in my house too!

      Delete
  2. That is a good thing to think about. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. New GFC and Pinterest follower. Glad to find your blog.
    Erin
    http://travelingkidsonthego.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed reading your latest post as well! Sounds like there is some pretty cool stuff for kids in Chicago :)

      Delete
  4. Very true!! I have learned some great things just by reading blogs:) Thank you for the reminder to be Thankful not just during November!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. People love transparency. Being real is hard but worth it

      Delete
  5. This is such a good reminder to pursue thankfulness! Just stumbled upon your blog and am now following via GFC :)

    Excited to read more - you are so encouraging and amazing!

    XO
    Erin

    sweetnessitself.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey! I love reading you so much! So...I've nominated you for a Liebster award! Come on over! shanascott.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quote at the beginning is the one I used for my very first Thankful Thursday post, over a year ago! Thank you so much for visiting my blog, I love finding posts like yours because...we all have those weeks, and it is so amazing how God can use others to help us hear just what we needed to hear! I hope this week goes great for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be very encouraging to read other people's thankfulness posts. Usually I think "oh yeah! I'm thankful for that too!" Let's spread the gratefulness attitude around :)

      Delete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...