I missed posting for last week's
Thankful Thursday.
We were all sick in bed
It was a pretty brutal week
and I realized how long it had been since I
had been truly, down and out, sick.
We are a pretty healthy family for the most part
and that is too easily taken for granted.
So today I'm saying thanks for my health
for my kid's health
and my husband's health
Thankful that we live in a country where healthcare is (relatively) free
When Googa was born, he spent three days in the NICU.
Had we been citizens in another country we might have had the added
stress of wondering how we were going to pay for that.
Here in Canada
It didn't cost us a dime.
Thankful for the blessings of health and
the healthcare we are blessed with here.
What are you thankful for today?

Linking up with Carina, Sarah and Cassie


It's always a blessing to realize how blessed we are in the midst of a difficulty, isn't it. So many things we take for granted. Bless you for this good reminder.
ReplyDeleteHey girl! I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for stopping by my blog and introducing yourself. I love "meeting" other awesome and sweet bloggers!
ReplyDeleteSuch great things to be grateful for...I am thankful for the same things!
Happy Thursday to you!
I agree; I often take my health for granted too..even the ability to breathe is such such such a blessing!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reminder..
Blessings~*
It's one of those things that's easily taken for granted until we don't have it anymore.
DeleteHey, I'm glad to know I'm not the only "LOW" blog on the Friendly Friday Blog Hop. Someday we won't be able to put that after our names. :-) I'm thankful that we can afford to have pest control come back out to our house next week because it looks like our mice are back. I'm thankful that they left droppings, so we knew they were here before our contract expired. That sounds pathetic, but it's true. :-) Now, I'm just hoping that it was our little "pets" that caused the kitchen light to go out - all four bulbs at once? The last time that happened with our outside lights, it was the rodents. So disgusting. Why am I putting all of this in your comments section?
ReplyDeleteI feel like I'm always more grateful for health when I'm sick! I should probably remember to be grateful for it more often when I am healthy!
ReplyDeleteThank you for linking up on my blog Heidi! I always love reading your posts :) Health is definitely something to be thankful for. I'm so happy that my kids haven't brought anything home yet this year from school, even though I expect it at some point.
ReplyDeleteThanks Jade :)
Deletesuch a great thing to be thankful for. it's always great when the kids hardly get sick. when they do, it's horrible mainly cause i hate seeing them miserable. hope you all are feeling better.
ReplyDeletethank you for linking up to Saturday Morning Coffee!