Friday, November 23, 2012

Do What You Can!

This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Aviva Community Fund. All opinions are 100% mine.

Well yesterday was the end of the Happy Day Project. The challenge for Friday was to honour our veterans or others in service (police, firemen, etc). I didn't get anything done for yesterday as it was a pretty hectic day but it was a good reminder to pray for those who put their lives on the line to protect us.

All in all it was a pretty interesting week and I was inspired to be more intentional about showing my appreciate for all the blessings in my life by sharing with others. Perhaps you wanted to participate but the money is tight and you couldn't buy giftcards or donate this time? Completely understandable, I know there's many people who are feeling the pinch this season. Yet there are other ways you can give. Bake cookies and bring them to your local firestation. Offer to babysit for a young couple with a small child, they might not have a break that often as babysitting can be expensive if you don't have family around! Or click the link below and check out the Avivia Community Fund charity contest.

Aviva Community Fund

Aviva 2

What is the Aviva Community Fund charity contest? It's a charitable organziation funded by Aviva Insurance. They are committed to promoting positive change in local communities and are offering funding for local initives voted on by people like you! That's right, anyone in Canada can register on the Aviva Community Fund website and then vote for the idea you'd like them to fund.

Or you can 'Like' Aviva Community Fund on Facebook and register through Facebook connect you can vote directly through their Facebook voting app. See how easy this is?

Like Aviva Community Fund

We all know that physical acitivity is so important for kids. Yet with limited resources often schools cannote afford to have playgrounds installed. A friend of mine has been spreading the word about her little boy's school. They have no playground and the parents are working hard to raise money to build one. I went and registered and in a few minutes I voted for a cause that I care about, children's health!

Aviva 1

Why don't you take a minute and check it out? You can vote up to 15 times during each of the qualifying rounds and another 15 times during the Semi-Finals round. You can vote for as many different ideas as you like but you can only vote for each idea once a day. Remember! Look around and use your votes wisely because once you've voted you can't change your mind.

Aviva Community Fund

So what are you waiting for? Here's an easy way to make a change and improve your community. Want to know more? You can follow the Aviva Community Fund on Twitter to stay up to date on the latest news and project standings.

Follow @Aviva

It's easy! Now click on over and vote. 

Spread the happy :)

 

Visit Sponsor's Site

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I voted for the anti-bullying project. This has become a massive endemic in our culture. Hope you all had a fabulous Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...