Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thankful

That's it. That's all I have for you today. I'm thankful, so thankful for this little boy.


Last week he started choking, turning blue, eyes bulging out of his head, not making a sound choking. I was at work. Claudio and Lemon Boy were sitting on the couch and Googa was playing on the floor. All of a sudden Googa turned around and Claudio looked at him. Saw him choking.

Claudio does not know what to do. He grabs his son and looks in his mouth. He can see the toy thats blocking his airway but when he tries to grab it, it goes further down. So he starts to do the Heimlich Maneuver as best he knows how. Crying and yelling for Googa to breath, GOD please let him BREATHE!

A noise, Googa utters a cry. Claudio looks in his mouth again only to see the toy fall back down his throat. In desperation, he reaches in, all the way and grabs the toy with the ends of his nails, getting ahold of just the tiniest piece but it's enough to pull it out of his mouth.

Thank you Jesus!

Claudio phoned me when it was over. Relief was in his voice but he was very shook up. Didn't sleep well for the next few nights.

It's funny how everything can change in the blink of an eye. I've imagined the alternate ending, where the phone call is different. It's too horrible to think about.


So today I'm thankful. Thankful for another day with my boys, for another kiss from my Googa. Thankful for my husband and his devotion to this family.

Thankful to Jesus. Without Him, I am nothing.




Linking up with Carina

18 comments:

  1. Oh man! Choking and drowning are my two biggest fears as a mom. I have nightmares about them. Like jumping up out of bed nightmares. So thankful Googa is okay. Thankful that God helped your husband do what he needed to do. Thankful for mercy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm holding my family just a little bit closer

      Delete
  2. And you made me cry. Can anybody say PMS?=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got me all choked up. So glad Googa is ok and Claudio was able to help him. Recently I had a choking insident. I yelled for my mom because it hit me that I wouldn't know what to do if he was full out choking. Luckily Ty kept breathing and got in unstuck himself but it made me realize that life can be so fleeting and things can change in the blink of an eye. I've got to spend as much time as possible with my boys and family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "you got me all choked up" ha ha, no pun intended?? (sorry, I love puns :)

      So scary when we don't know how to help our kids! It should probably be mandatory for parents to learn CPR and first aid.

      Delete
  4. So glad he is okay! Sometimes I feel I really needed nurses training before becoming a parent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No kidding!! Claudio will definetely be taking a first-aid course in the near future!

      Delete
  5. Thank God Googa is okay and that your husband could help! I recently heard a Mom's story whose son almost drowned, and after hearing that one and this one, I really feel that I need to know a lot about first-aid!

    May God keep everyone safe!

    Thanks for dropping by my blog and leaving a nice comment. Appreciate it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Heidi,
    Heidi terrifying for Claudio. So glad your little man is okay!
    Sometimes it takes something like this to help us put our priorities right.
    Karmyn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Situations like this almost always put things back into perspective. You're so right!

      Delete
  7. Oh my gosh, Heidi, I'm so sorry! What a scary thing to have happen. Glad to hear he's okay. Your boys are adorable! Glad I stopped by, and I'm returning the follow! Aleisha @ She Calls Me Mama Leisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aleisha! Glad we got to "know" each other :)

      Delete
  8. So scary!! Glad that little Googa is ok. Give him tons of kisses from his Tia.
    I'm so glad that you have a blog, Since this is the first time i heard of this. I hate being so far away from the family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Heidi - I can totally relate! When Justice was around 1 1/2, he came running to me and was choking on some food. His lips were already turning blue and his eyes were wide with fear. I was so scared and just calling on the name of Jesus and didn't know what to do. Praise God, I was able to get the food out, but it was so scary! I took a CPR/First Aid course very soon after that & found out that I did almost everything wrong, so it was totally God's grace that helped me! So glad to hear that Googa is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh goodness! that is so scary!!! So glad that Googa is okay! That is one of my worst fears as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohmygosh, how scary! Superman-husband to the rescue! I'm so glad he's okay! Xxx

    ReplyDelete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...