Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Banff Trip

Monday was a holiday (Heritage Day) for us here in Alberta. We celebrated by spending the night in Banff. Note: Claudio and I actually went to Banff on our very first date (we love this place!)

How can you not relax being surrounded by scenery like this?


Waiting to be seated at The Spaghetti Factory on Sunday evening


Monday morning we walked around the town of Banff and visited the candy store, of course 


I let Lemon Boy take some pictures with my camera

here's what he came up with



 
Putting the stickers he got at David's Tea to good use

We went swimming twice on Sunday and one more time Monday morning at the hotel. When we got to the hotel on Sunday afternoon we quickly realized that we'd forgotten the boy's suitcase at home (I can hear my Mom's sigh "oh Heidi" from here) so we did have to get some new swim trunks for the boys, luckily they weren't too pricy!


 Monday afternoon we went to Bow Falls. It was HOT but the boys loved walking the trail




Bow Falls actually holds an even more special place in Claudio and my hearts. It was here that Claudio popped "The Question!" We found the bench were he proposed and took a picture.
Lemon Boy took the picture, good thing he'd been practicing!

The scenery is just so beautiful!



Banff Springs Hotel. I think it looks like a castle in the mountains (we did not stay here, it's crazy expensive)


Such a great mini-holiday but in the interest of full disclosure...

This little man was sick the whole time. He had his dose of Children's Advil every eight hours but didn't want to miss anything so he powered though. Cried himself to sleep because he didn't get to go swimming with Lemon Boy and Daddy for the second time on Sunday evening. Wouldn't hold anyone's hand when we were walking the trail at Bow Falls because he wanted to do it by himself. Behaved himself very well in the restaurant on Sunday evening. What a trooper!


8 comments:

  1. Awww. I hate when we are gone and my kids don't feel well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, thanks goodness for Children's Advil!

      Delete
  2. Such pretty pictures and what a small world...my brother and his wife are visiting Banff right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, incredible scenery!!! Your family is beautiful, Heidi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW!!!! incredible scenery. i went to canada for my first time last summer and LOVED it. seriously. if my husband could re-locate with his job, i would be begging to move there. GREAT PICS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! With such incredible scenery it's hard to get a bad picture :P

      Delete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...