Thursday, August 16, 2012

Just Another Day

Sometimes I feel like climbing the walls


Yesterday was one of those days. Claudio was out of town all day with his youth group so I had to go pick up the boys straight from work. We were completely out of groceries so after supper the boys and I hopped in the car for a quick trip to the store to pick up a few things. Ha ha, quick trip to the store with a two and five year old what was I thinking?

Recently these two have started fighting about absolutely everything. "It's not FAIR!" is probably the most commonly used phrase in my house right now. Whatever Lemon Boy has, Googa wants. When Googa is playing nicely by himself, Lemon Boy will go over and get in his space. They are constantly bugging each other in every way they can think of. Needless to say, the trip to the grocery store did not go well. There was a real angry attitude radiating in the car on the way home. The kids were pretty grumpy too.






We came home and had watermelon after our trip to the store.

I apologized to Lemon Boy for losing my temper and he apologized for not listening.

Everyone felt better


I was actually going to write a completely different post for today but then I came across this picture that Claudio took last week. He looked out the kitchen window and this is what he saw

I have no idea what they're looking at but this picture totally melted my heart

I'm so thankful that they do occasionally get along. Also thankful that Lemon Boy so readily forgives me when I ask. Thankful that I have a husband and that I don't have to raise these two monkeys alone (all the single parents out there, I salute you, you seriously have the hardest job in the world)

And I'm thankful for my kids. Thankful that God entrusted them to me despite my failures. 

Thankful that tomorrow is another day

 Peace man, I love you






                             
Linking up with these lovely ladies

Photobucket


a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut



22 comments:

  1. I am so glad that each day is a fresh slate. I hope you have a wonderful day with less arguing. I completely know the irritation of that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It can be exhausting sometimes! But I'm the Mama, I need to set the tone (if I yell, why wouldn't Lemon Boy?)

      Delete
  2. I have been feeling like climbing the walls all morning! Glad it's not just me. :) Thanks for the reminders of everything that IS good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all parents have experienced this feeling!

      Delete
  3. omg! that pic of him climbing up the wall is great. i think that is a glimpse into my future as a mom with a boy! my girls are only 16 months apart and sometimes they are totally sweet to each other and other days it is like world war three around here! i know that when they are older they will be thankful for a built in best friend...same as your boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my boys CAN play very nicely together, when they choose to. I love the pic of him climbing too :)

      Delete
  4. I love that climbing the wall pic as well - not to mention, what an awesome shirt! Don't let my oldest see it, ha. I often have similar moments in the grocery store when I try to take all of my kids along... The older two, while they love each other, are growing more independent and getting on each other's nerves a lot more often these days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Phineus and Ferb is awesome! I think Mom and Dad like it almost ast much as he does.

      Delete
  5. Boy I know the feeling...especially in the grocery store! I'm so glad 'I'm sorry' goes such a long way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure does, their Mama makes mistakes and they know it! I want them to know that I can apologize for those mistakes too.

      Delete
  6. Even though you wanted to climb the walls- it sounds like the day ended better than in started. Also- I love the picture of the boys looking at... their shadows? Not sure, but it is a sweet picture. That is the thing with siblings- lots of love and lots of "not fair". :) Hope tomororw is a sunshiney day.

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  7. It must have been the week. I have felt like this. I think it is amazing that you are so willing to ask your children for forgivness. I find this a hard thing at times thinking they won't get it. It is really important though. Thank you for the reminder! I hope you have an easier weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Alexis, sometimes it is SO hard to say sorry to them, but I do think it is important. This was actually the first time Lennon said sorry back completely on his own. So the lesson is sinking in, Yay!

      Delete
  8. What cute boys! Love the Perry the Platypus shirt!! :-) My two boys fight a lot, too, mostly over blocks. But then, like you beautifully showed in that precious picture, they show you how much they love each other. With my oldest going to kindergarten I've been worried that they won't be the BFF's they have been the past 4 years. But watching them play together today after school has put that fear to rest. :-) I LOVE the layout of your blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sara! I always want my boys to be friends too (hopefully they'll stop this crazy fighting all the time thing when they're older!)

      Delete
  9. Great pictures! I especially like the one of the boys holding hands. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna, I love the picture of them holding hands too :)

      Delete
  10. Ha that's so cute. I just remember my sisters and i fighting all the time, and my mom getting frustrating. I'm going to have another baby just so benji has someone to fight with too. lol.

    btw that picture of them holding hands looks like if they were waiting for something to come through that door. lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I always said I wanted to have at least two kids so they'd have someone to fight with. Ha ha, looks like I got my wish :S

      Delete
  11. Ok, my second son does the exact same thing in the door way. Crazy, crazy boys! Literally, just now, my son did it while I was typing this! I wish I could do it.

    I nominated you for a Liebster award because I really enjoy your blog. It's kind of chain-maily, but if it can get us all some new followers, I can call it fun. :-) Check it out at my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...