Thursday, July 26, 2012

Thankful (For Family) Thursday

It's good to have an attitude of thankfulness. Too often I focus on what I don't have. Negative thoughts start creeping into my head and my attitude quickly deteriorates. This not only affects me but also my husband, kids and others around me.

When I actually pause and start to think of all the good in my life I quickly see all the blessings I really do have. It's amazing how quickly my attitude changes when I focus on the blessings in my life.

I love this man


I'm so thankful for him in my life. We do not have a perfect relationship but he is my other half. He loves me despite my flaws and encourages me in so many ways. 

My parents on their wedding day, LOVE this picture!
I'm thankful for my parents and the lessons they taught me, both intentionally and also by the example of their lives.


I'm thankful for extended family. For Grandparents, Aunts, Uncles and especially Lemon Boy and Googa's cousins. I did not grow up with a lot of extended family close by. I find it so cool that my boys see their cousins (most of them, miss you our family in Chile!) fairly regularly and they are friends. I had my eight year old niece here for a few hours a couple of days ago and her and Lemon Boy played outside all afternoon. Our families are truly a blessing!

Linking up with Emily and Carina...









a punk, a pumpkin and a peanut

13 comments:

  1. These are special pictures! Family living close is a real blessing.

    Thanks for letting me know my pictures weren't working--I do want to know! I will have my husband check with his computer because they are looking fine on my end.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am realizing more and more what a blessing extended family is.

      Delete
  2. I love old wedding pictures :) Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the photo of your parents on their wedding day. It looks like you are enjoying your family and having so much fun with your boys! Thanks for the recent comment...I am now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Heidi found you through the link up. I love your list and I couldn't agree with you more about your first paragraph. It's crazy how quickly negativity can creep up on ya. That's why I love these Thankful Thursdays. I am happy to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noel! I really enjoy reading your blog :)

      Delete
  5. Oh and BTW I love you C.S. Lewis quote at the top.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post. My family aren't that close - and I wish they were.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something I have had to work on and I'm still working on it. I wasn't always as close to my family as I am now.

      Delete
  7. I don't know how I missed this post yesterday. Family is definitely something to be thankful for. Growing up my extended family kind of disowned us because of our faith. My kids get to hang with their aunt and uncles, grandparents and cousins. And I am SO thankful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not very close with my own extended family either, guess that's why I find my boys being friends with their cousins so cool :)

      Delete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...