Sometimes life doesn't make sense. Sometimes words can't express.
Recently a dear, dear friend of mine gave birth prematurely and her tiny sweet son was not for this world. He is resting in the arms of Jesus.
I believe this! I believe that there is a living God, who loves us and holds us and carries us when we can not take another step on our own.
When you go through deep waters, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown. When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. Isaiah 43:2
But sometimes I just don't understand. How can you understand why a mother who wanted this baby and would have loved him with all her heart had to send him home early while so many other children on this earth are unwanted, unloved and abused. It doesn't seem right.
My beautiful friend wrote "Although we are heartbroken by our loss, we know that God is good and we give HIM the glory."
God is good, all the time. All the time, God is good. Sometimes things happen that we can't understand. Sometimes there is no good reason. We live in a broken, hurting world and being a follower of Jesus does not give us immunity to this.
But the truth is this, there is Hope!
The unfailing love of the LORD never ends! By his mercies we have been kept from complete destruction. Great is his faithfulness; his mercies begin afresh each day. I say to myself, "The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in him!" Lamentations 3:22-24
Although I may not be able to understand, I have the same hope as my friend. I know that He loves me and I am His. I know that in the end He will make all things right, there will be no more sorrow, no more pain.


This is a very "heart" post. It isn't fun or easy to read, but you share from your heart. Thanks. And thanks for linking up.
ReplyDelete