Saturday, July 14, 2012

Birthday Girl



Some pictures from just a few birthdays ago HA! 

Yes, that is a cake in the shape of a house, my Mom is awesome like that! She had a cake decorating book and every year we chose whichever cake we wanted out of that book (she still has it too!)

In honour of my birthday, which was actually earlier this week, here are 31 answers (to your burning questions I'm sure) about me:
  1. GUILTY PLEASURE? Watching Keeping Up With The Kardashians. It's the only reality TV that I watch but I seriously love that show.
  2. WHAT MAKES YOU LAUGH? Puns, I looooove puns, really truly I do.
  3. BIGGEST PET PEEVE? Dry feet. I really hate having dry feet so I moisturize them every night before I go to bed.
  4. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yes
  5. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? Already did. In the fall of 1999 in Nanaimo, B.C. It was heart stopping but awesome. I would totally do it again!
  6. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their teeth.
  7. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? My new favorite song "Cider Sky" by Northern Lights.
  8. MOUNTAIN HIDEAWAY OR BEACH HOUSE? Beach house, no question!
  9. FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH? Hockey! Especially in person because the smell of the arena brings back memories of when I was a child. I loved going to the arena when I was little, it's a happy smell for me.  
  10. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings for sure, I loathe scary movies.
  11. FAVORITE FOOD? Growing up it was definitely chips and salsa but I'd have to say that now I enjoy sushi just a tad more.
  12. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer all the way (except for Christmas, I love Christmas time)
  13. COMPUTER OR TELEVISION? Computer
  14. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE CHORE? Vacuuming! Luckily for me that's my husband's chore :)
  15. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? Spain
  16. HOW MANY LANGUAGES DO YOU SPEAK? One, but hopefully that will change in the future.
  17. BACKPACKING OR LUXURY HOTEL? Hotel, doesn't even have to be luxury but of course that would be nice!
  18. HAVE YOU EVER BROKEN A BONE? No
  19. DID YOU ENJOY SCHOOL AS A CHILD? Yes
  20. HOW OFTEN DO YOU MAKE YOUR BED? Very rarely (eek! how very embarrassing but totally true)
  21. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE COLOUR? Pink, black, blue, yellow, I love all colours (I can totally hear Claudio when he reads this "Black is not a colour, it's a shade" whatever babe, I still love you)
  22. WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU WERE LITTLE? A doctor or lawyer.
  23. WHAT IS USUALLY YOUR FIRST THOUGHT WHEN YOU WAKE UP? Is it Saturday, can I go back to sleep?
  24. DO YOU HAVE ANY TATTOOS? Yup, two.
  25. WERE YOU A TROUBLEMAKER GROWING UP? Nope, I was a follow the rules kind of kid.
  26. WHAT IS YOUR ETHNIC BACKGROUND? Mennonite
  27. WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE THING TO DO ON A SUNDAY AFTERNOON? Have a nap.
  28. WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF? Spiders
  29. WHO DO YOU TALK THE MOST TO ON THE PHONE? My Mom
  30. DO YOU HAVE A COLLECTION? Yes, boxes. Decorative ones, especially if they have lots of drawers or compartments.
  31. ARE YOU HAPPY WITH YOUR LIFE? Yes, I consider myself very blessed.  

So there you have it, a small snapshot of Heidi in her thirties. I truly am happy with my life. Not that my life is perfect but God has blessed me and I'm thankful for everything He has given me.

Love you guys!



11 comments:

  1. Well Happy Birthday my dear. lol. I LOVE the house cake. I had a grandma that made the most elaborate cakes for us when we were kids. My mom made many failed attempts to out do her. While they may not have held their shape, they were still delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, I've tried to make cool cakes for my little ones too. They're just not as good as my mom's :)

      Delete
  2. I love your list. I am totally a hotel girl. And I love happy endings. I never watch scary movies. My husband attended a Mennonite church for a while while a teen. And I love hockey! If we ever get together...let's do a hockey game!!!=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!
    I hope you had a fabulous days with all your boys!
    Karmyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday!! Lovely to meet you :) I loved this list! I hate scary movies and love me some sushi too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joye! So nice of you to come visit me :)

      Delete
  5. happy birthday!!!! and what an interesting post...always fun to know more about fellow bloggers!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
    I am with you on the food pics!

    ReplyDelete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...