Towards the end of the evening the kids were all busy pouring water from the kiddie pool into the sandbox and us Moms were lounging on the deck, chatting away. At that moment I happened to look down and there, on my shoulder, was a spider. Eeek! Even their name makes me cringe! I
My friends were, needless to say, a little taken aback and one of them kindly sent that spider into oblivion. It was then that we noticed my nose ring was gone. Yup, that spider scared me so bad I slapped my nose ring right out of my face. Ha ha! So funny, kind of but not really, my nose is actually is pretty sore. Further proof that those things are truly evil and out to get me. I know, I know, they are God's creatures, He made them for a purpose, etc. Well when I get to Heaven that will be one of my first questions. Why on earth did you make those things?! I'm sure His answer will be perfectly divine and all will be made clear but until that day I will loathe and despise those little nasties.
Now Lemon Boy got some money from one of his friends for his birthday and on Tuesday he went with his Dad to Toys R' Us to pick out a new toy. What do you think that kid came home with??
Ummm, yes. A remote control Tarantula.
Really, an hour spent walking around the toy store, looking through literally thousands of toys and he picks a toy spider.
His mother is not impressed.
Could that be why he chose this particular toy?
lovely
my nose hurts
Linking up with Emily...

Aww! I'm sorry! I am FREAKED OUT at spiders!
ReplyDeleteI can't kill any bugs myself!
XO Sarah
me neither! The only way I can even get close to touching a spider is in this way, to get it off of me!
DeleteYuck! I hate spiders too! That toy would totally give me the heebie jeebies!
ReplyDeleteyes, I have already laid down the law about that toy. He cannot chase me with it (seriously, he knows better)
DeleteWe have real ones here. I am pretty sure I would flip out every time I saw it thinking we had another one in the house!
ReplyDeleteI would not be able to handle that! I guess there are good things about living in a colder climate :)
DeleteThat is hilarious! Kids have a knack for licking the one thing...
ReplyDeleteyes they do! Plus he was fascinated as to why I was so scared of spiders. He kept asking me why a spider could make me hit myself :)
DeleteCreepy spider...my kids would LOVE that! Great {embrace}...thanks for visiting mine!
ReplyDeleteThanks! Funny how kids like stuff like that
DeleteI abhor spiders. I think I would find a way to "accidentally" break that toy in short order. :) Mother love has its limits, right? :)
ReplyDeleteoh yes. The darn thing takes a whole lot of batteries too so when the batteries die the whole spider will be going out the door as well!
DeleteSooo good! Your blog makes for good reading!
ReplyDeleteThanks Scott :)
Delete