Monday, July 23, 2012

July Birthdays Part 2


This year, we partied "Angry Birds" style. Generally the boys end up having several parties each year. They have a lot of family plus their little friends and it's hard to fit everyone at our place all at once. So this will be a mishmash of all the parties combined.

First, the decorations.


Buy one generic pinata and a piece of bright green poster board. Cut two large circles out of the poster board and paste them onto the pinata. Go to the computer and search "Angry Birds Pig" in Google Images. Print, cut and paste. There you have your Angry Birds theme pinata!




The games included Angry Birds bowling. This was a fun party game for the kids, especially since not all of them knew what Angry Birds was!

Buy a plastic bowling set off of kijiji. Spray paint all the pins green. Add eyes and snout and eyebrows and now you've got Angry Birds bowling (we already had the red and black Angry Birds balls)
If you look closely at the bottom picture
you can see both the Angry Birds balls in flight.  


The cake and cupcakes. 



The party favor bags were also used for the pinata loot!

Claudio made it through without a scratch!

 



Then all the kiddos loaded up with candy. Both parties were great!

Happy Birthday Lemon Boy! You are my sunshine

Five years ago you changed my life with your arrival. 
You have challenged me in ways I never imagined and taught me so much about love, life and what really  matters. God knew what he was doing when he gave you to your Dad and I 
(but we had no idea what we were in for!)

Your zest for life is tangible. Although sometimes you make me want to pull my hair out, I really appreciate your independent spirit.You love without holding back and your generosity is amazing. 

I love you with all my heart! You'll always be my favorite Lemon Boy




If you're interested in where I got my ideas look here:
 http://www.squidoo.com/angry-birds-party-ideas

and here:
http://www.liewcf.com/angry-birds-paper-crafts-7131/



7 comments:

  1. You just gave me some great ideas for my little boy's bday...it's not 'til next year, but have to have some cool ideas, right?:) Great post!

    Question for you...would you like to be on my blog as a "guest blogger"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome party! My son is asking for another one for his birthday, and I may have to incorporate some of your ideas. I love the Angry Birds Bowling for the little ones.

    Thanks for stopping by today :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, coming over from the Monday Mingle! What a great party!! Looks like he had a blast! happy birthday to him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute!! I love this, my eldest is all about angry birds lol!!

    popping in and following via the monday mingle!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tis is awesome. We are having an Angry Birds cousin get together in less than a week and I love your ideas! Found you on the Mingle. Following via fb and google friend. Would love follows back www.cumminslife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ideas. The bowling pins turned out awesome.

    ReplyDelete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...