Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Gettin' My Craft On

Last summer when we drove to Sicamous there was a rock slide that covered the highway the morning we left. We only found out about it when we got to the closed section which meant we had to turn around and use secondary highways to get around the rock slide, along with the millions (sure felt like it anyways!) of other people headed to BC. So a normally six hour car trip to Sicamous turned into a 13 hour car trip to Golden (where we spent the night) and another 2 hour car ride to Sicamous the next day.

My boys are pretty good travelers but 13 hours certainly was a stretch. This year I wanted to be a little more prepared. I saw this activity on Pinterest and decided to give it a try.

Paint strips from the hardware store and clothes pins from the dollar store


Cut the paint strips in half the long ways so the names are cut off. Then cut small squares out of the strip you cut off and glue the small squares to the ends of the clothes pins.


Look at all the pretty colours!




We didn't end up using it on the way there. But Lemon Boy enjoyed it when we got to Sicamous. Fun, easy and super cheap (paint strips are free, clothes pins were $1.50 for 60).









You can find the original post here:

http://www.rookiemoms.com/5-homemade-busy-bags-for-preschoolers/

9 comments:

  1. What a fun idea to keep kids entertained! I'll have to remember this for when S gets older :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the idea. Gonna have to try it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has got to be my favorite project I've never made. I've been meaning to for years for my classroom. Someday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this idea.

    Aloha,

    I'm late, I'm late, I know... but, I'm following ya now from the GFC hop. If you're up for a bit of a ride I'd love it if you'd join me at localsugarhawaii.com where we're riding the wave of life one little adventure at a time. And this week we're celebrating the opening of my new little shop with great big heart with a bunch of fun giveaways...

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! It really was super easy and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm totally having my kids do this. My three year old would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super awesome idea! Thanks for sharing =D
    I'm your newest follower from over at
    the blog hop =D
    -Jen
    http://www.littlemissalizzi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun idea! I'm sharing this on my Facebook page today :o)

    Thanks so much for partying with us this week @ Keep Calm & Link Up!
    xo, Meredith @ www.waittilyourfathergetshome.com

    ReplyDelete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...