Monday, September 17, 2012

Summer's Over, Use Sunscreen

I recently had a mole removed.

It sucked.

Turned out to be benign, which is good. But it could have gone the other way too.

I used tanning beds in my early twenties, never been that faithful with sunscreen either. Not that smart actually.

I recently read a story about a young Mom diagnosed with Melanoma. It's real people, and it happens to people just like you and me. It made me cry, you can read the ending here.

Please watch the video. It was a dying woman's last wish. Protect your kids, use sunscreen daily on yourself and on them, even when it's not hot out.






miscellany monday at lowercase letters


Covered in Grace


Blog Button Final


7 comments:

  1. I've watched this before. Rather sobering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for linking up for the blog hop!


    stop by sometime!
    kalobandelise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Heidi!
    I'm your newest follower via the GFC hop. Thanks for posting that video. I'm currently living in the Bahamas and I have to remind myself daily that wearing sunscreen is not just about preventing a burn...

    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found you through the Blog Hop!

    I saw this video before and it brought me to tears. So powerful and moving. :/

    I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! xo

    http://heatherfrostx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great reminder. I don't think it's that anyone specifically doesn't want to wear sunscreen, for me at least it's just once of those inconveinces that I always forget. This is a good reminder to be more careful with it! I just found your blog and I have enjoyed getting to know you better... I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely hate to admit this, but I am not religious about slathering us in sunscreen especially when the weather starts cooling off. This was a sobering reminder for me about the importance of sunscreen, espcially when you want that tan glow.

    It is not worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heidi...what an important reminder. I have learned over the years to be much more protective of my skin when in the sun and have been training our children to do the same. Thank you for the serious encouragement and for sharing it at WJIM. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...