Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Don't Be A NoReply Bloggy Commenter

If there's one thing us bloggers like, it's comments. Seriously, when I write a post and five people comment, I'm a happy girl!

The thing is, not only do I want you to comment, I want to write you back! If you ask a question, I want to answer it or sometimes I want to ask you a question in return. Now I can write these comments in reply on my own blog but that requires you to come back and read what I've wrote, and let's be honest here, how many of you are going to actually go back to an old post you commented on to see if I replied?

Whenever anyone writes a comment on my blog, I get an email with your comment. I would LOVE to email back and if you have your email enabled, then I can! Yay! Let me show you how to enable your email in Blogger (sorry WordPress friends, I have no idea how you would do this, although I'm 100% certain there is a tutorial out there, try to Google it?)

My lovely friend Nay was the one who enlightened me to this little piece of information, go check out her blog she's delightful :)

Here's my quick and easy tutorial on how to enable your email so when you comment on a post, the author can email you back :)

1. Log into Blogger. The top of your screen should look like this. Click on your profile on the top right hand side


2.  and choose Blogger Profile


3. Now click on Edit Profile (again on the top right hand side of the page)


4. This is what your screen should look like


You need to check the box that says "show my email address" and make sure that the email shown is one you actually use :)

If you're like me, when you first set up your blogger account you looked at that check box and thought "no way, I don't want everyone who happens to look at my blog to see my email address!"

Rest assured, this is not what that means. Your email address will not be shown on your blog. It will, however, show on the email that is sent to me with your comment which will allow me to email you back when you make those lovely comments on my posts. And that my friends, is one way to start connecting with your fellow bloggers :)





14 comments:

  1. Heidi, I would say that it is also helpful to take the word verification off your comment section. I hate leaving a comment, and then trying often multiple times to figure out what those letters and numbers are.
    I took it off my blog-now all anyone has to do is jump through Disqus' hoops to leave a comment.=)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Bernadette! The word verification is horrible and makes me not want to leave a comment. I think Disqus is awesome too. I definitely prefer it to just the blogger comment system. Thanks for the post Heidi. I like the tips.

      Delete
    2. Debi and Bernadette, the word verification is off :)

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this, Heidi! I have been wondering how to do this very thing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi love!
    I came by to say hi and what a nice surprise - you gave me love on here AND you did a tutorial!
    Proud of you and how you are growing.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, Heidi! We're officially AWESOME! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally agree!!! I love when I can reply to a comment via email. Makes it that much more personal. Don't ya think?

    I am your newest follower from the GFC hop. If you have a moment and would like to, you can visit me here The Things We Find Inside
    Thanks,
    Tami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! I'm your newest follower via the CHQ Blog Hop! Hope we can be bloggy friends. :)

    sara @ applestonedrive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Heidi!
    I'm your newest follower from the 300 Follower Blog Hop! And thank you, thank you, thank you for the little "walk through" in this post! I'm such a blogging baby and there is a HUGE learning curve for me with all this web based stuff!

    Looking forward to more of your posts!
    Rach

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excellent tutorial! Thank you! Wanted to stop by and thank you so much for linking up at the CHQ Blog Hop this week! Hope to see you again next Tuesday! Have a great week!
    XO, Barbara at Chase the Star

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how I stopped by here... May be from a linky (lol) Thank you for this tutorial. I will check my settings ;)

    ReplyDelete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...