Day 4 - Read a new Christmas book "St. Nicholas"
A sweet, beautifully illustrated story about the origins of St. Nicholas
and the joy of giving to others. Too old for Googa but Lemon Boy enjoyed it.
Day 5 - Went swimming
Just a fun family activity :)
Day 6 - Coloured our nativity papers
These are free printables where you cut and paste the nativity scene.
Perfect for my Lemon Boy kindergartener!
Googa watched me cut his out and then pointed where he wanted me to glue them :)
Day 7 - Opened and set up nativity scene
Day 8 - Went to Second Cup for hot chocolate
and then came home and watched
I love this movie!
Day 9 - Visit Grandma and Grandpa
We had a Christmas banquet at church in the evening so the activity this day was
visit Grandma and Grandpa, aka free babysitting
the boys were thrilled and so were we, a night out kid-free!
I love the flexibility of this advent calendar.
I've already had to switch a few activities around
when they didn't work for the day they were scheduled.
The whole point is to have fun and make some memories as a family
Not get stressed out because
we're supposed to be somewhere and it's not working to get there!
Only 15 more sleeps until Christmas day :)





I will have to check out that book. My girls are at the age where they are asking lots of questions about Santa. Would love for them to know the story of St. Nicholas!
ReplyDeleteThat does sound like fun! I LOVE the Grinch movie too. Will have to find it somewhere sometime soon... :)
ReplyDeleteI was lucky, found it at Walmart in the clearance bin a month ago :)
DeleteI so love hot chocolate. I find McDonalds makes really good hot chocolate. Weirdly enough.
ReplyDeleteLove hot choco! I've got to prepare for Christmas too! With my wedding and all, I still haven't done anything for Christmas yet! No decorations, no activities, nothing!
ReplyDeleteWow, I would be stressing out :) I hope you get everything done that you want to do!
Delete:) 15 more "sleeps" love that! My kids are loving our Advent calendar too. Drinking hot cocoa, making gifts, cookies, discussing the difference between happiness and joy (deep conversation with a 7 and 9 year old...) Thanks for stopping by and the sweet comment! :)
ReplyDeleteFUn, you are doing activities like us, love it!!
ReplyDeleteIt's definitely added a little excitement to December :)
Delete