Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Advent Activites, Days 1-3

Let the festivities begin!


Day One advent activity
going to see the Christmas lights, what could be more wonderful?

Making memories, spending time with family

Oh yeah, except where I freaked out gently told Lemon Boy not to touch the Advent Calendar
because the clothes pins weren't all glued on yet.
And the boys fought each other and us on every.little.thing as we were
trying to get out the door to go to the Christmas lights display

It looks very lovely though, doesn't it?
We did actually have a good time at the lights and
the hot chocolate was a delicious way to end the evening.


Day Two - Supper at Swiss Chalet
Despite how it appears, the boys did actually enjoy it
Lemon Boy knows the Swiss Chalet song by heart 

♪♫♪ Swiss Chalet, always so good for so little ♪♫♪


Day Three - Decorate the front window

During the week our activites are a little simpler
but the boys were just as excited to put the window stickers up as
they were to go to the lights
(in fact, we managed to do this activity with way less fighting!)

Someone made a comment today that I would have to make sure to keep up
that is, not forget to do the activity one evening

There is pretty much no chance of that happening
Lemon Boy is on it, he can't wait to see what's going to happen each night

Hopefully we're making some memories that he'll remember :)

8 comments:

  1. Our kids take turns doing the calendar. And since 4 goes equally into 24, they all get the same number of chocolates. No fighting.=) I know what you mean about the fighting. It seems like it goes through intense phases, you know. I think having them inside more when the weather turns is not a good thing. Oh well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great ideas! So glad you are sharing them with us!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tradition! Thanks so much for sharing.

    I am stopping by via the Tea on Tuesday Hop, following you in the social networks we have in common.

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha--yeah, I bet the kids won't let you forget! I do an advent calender with activities or treats every day, and even though there's only Angel--he for sure wouldn't let me forget!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, this is so cute. You need to market this. No way am I organized enough to get something like this together. I have a beautiful advent thingy with doors to put things in, but they're all empty. We didn't even get the chocolate calendar this year. I am reading Xmas stories every night, at least. Trying to do something. Now to work on my Xmas letters. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such great photos! I'm a new follower via the hop and I'd love for you to stop by my blog and check out the JAVOedge giveaway going on. :)

    Rachel
    http://www.postcardsfromrachel.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad I am not the only one that does this:) We have had to keep ours a little more low key this year but have been pretty successful so far! LOVE IT! I like the window idea. We might have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We decorate our front window for most major holidays. It's easy, fun, no mess and the boys love it!

      Delete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...