Thursday, January 24, 2013

Thankful Thursday - A Day Off

I had the day off on Monday, just because. Claudio and I decided to take the boys to walk across the Peace Bridge. Designed by Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava, the bridge is quite amazing to look at but has caused a lot of controversy in our city, first over the cost of the actual design and then the cost of actually building it.


Perhaps our city could've used the funds in a better way but it's got a pretty cool design and we enjoyed our time walking across one of our city's landmarks.


Lunch at Boogies Burgers (no, that is not a spelling error!) wasn't too shabby either. 
Claudio had the Deep Fried Mac 'n Cheese Burger and I had the Blazin' Saddles Burger. Yum!


Thankful for a vacation day in the middle of January. Thankful that we got to just drive around, see some sights, enjoy some good food and then spend the rest of the day at home. What a great way to relax!

What about you? What are you thankful for?

7 comments:

  1. What a cool looking bridge! And YUM, that burger looks amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That bridge is beautiful. Glad you all got to spend a fun family day together, those are always the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am thankful for my little man turning 5! And that colds do not last forever, they don't right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 5 year old boys are a lot of fun :) sorry about your cold... sometimes they sure feel like they last forever!

      Delete
  4. That is a pretty awesome bridge. Glad you were able to take a day off and get reconnected and rejuvenated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, I'm curious about the deep fried Mac n cheese burger. Did they really deep fry the burger? Or did they deep fry some Mac n cheese? Did it have macaroni on it?

    ReplyDelete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...