That's right
I baked a pie
from scratch
why do we say "from scratch" anyways?
what does that actually mean?
(if you know, by all means, let me know)
But yes,
this is the first time I've ever attempted to make a pie crust
Apparently buying a crust and a can of pie filling doesn't really qualify as "baking" a pie
My Mom may have had a hand in all this
she could not believe I'd never made my own crust
so she gave me a pie-making lesson on Saturday
She makes it look so easy!
Thanks Mom, you're awesome

Ooohh that looks delicious! Well done!!
ReplyDeleteLooks delicious! I pretty much never make my own crust, but I do always make the filling!
ReplyDeleteGood job - looks very yummy! I can't stand making the pastry (so messy!)
ReplyDeleteFor years my sister convinced my Mom to 'show' her again how to make pastry since she wasn't sure she remembered....Result, my sister had pastry for about 4 pies in her freezer with no work....
Great job! Looks fantastic. I love pie.
ReplyDelete