Recently I received a copy of Max Lucado's book "Six Hours One Friday" for review. In the first chapter Max asks some hard questions about God that many of us do in times of trouble. Maybe you've had similar questions. Where is God when life gets tough? Why are we here? I've failed so miserably in the past, can I ever get over the guilt? What really happens when we die, will that be the end or is there something more?
It's simple to sail through life when things are easy. But when times get tough, when the storms of life spring up and we feel like we're drowning, what do we do then? Max writes about Jesus' death on the cross and how His sacrifice offers three anchor points to keep your "boat" from sinking.
- My Life Is Not Futile
- My Failures Are Not Fatal
- My Death Is Not Final
I found this book to be a fairly easy read as most of Max's books are. He uses a lot of stories, both modern day and biblical along with scripture but doesn't delve too deep into theology. I would recommend this book to anyone, believer or non-believer, who has questions about God. It's a feel good, give hope type of writing. However, if you're looking to get a little deeper into theology you'll have to look somewhere else as that is not the purpose of this book.
All in all I'd give "Six Hours One Friday" 4 stars out of 5. I found it to be an interesting, enjoyable and hopeful read albeit a little on the light side for some the questions it asks.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com <http://BookSneeze®.com> book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sounds like a great book. I love the three points!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds interesting.
ReplyDelete