Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thankful For Hope

I've been playing around on PicMonkey try it, it's fun!


"I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13


HOPE

It's a small word

what's your hope in?

Sometimes I look around this world and it seems HOPELESS

What kind of world are my kids going to grow up in?

Then there are those days when the doubts creep in

Does God really care?

Is He really in control?

Why does it seem so hard to follow Him sometimes?

If I'm honest here,

I have had a lot of doubts lately

yet thankfully,

that little flame 

refuses to die.

I have HOPE!

For this life and for eternity.

Today (and everyday) I'm thankful for the hope I have in Him.




6 comments:

  1. That is really beautiful! I love your graphic. Isn't picmonkey great?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your pic monkey creations are much nicer than mine. Lately I have just been using it to watermark my photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heidi, thank you so much for your honesty! I am right there with ya, sister! It is SO hard to remain hopeful and confident in the Lord's control when you see so much tragedy taking place in the world. That's when I remind myself (okay, God reminds ME) that it is our job as Christians to go out into the world and work to bring God's light of hope into the darkness. And that is the hard stuff. :-)

    On a lighter note, I love the pic monkey stuff. I'll definitely have to play around with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! You've been nominated for the Box of Chocolates Blog Award! Please visit this link for the rules and my questions for you :)

    http://tantrumsandteaparties.blogspot.ca/2013/01/chocolate-with-hazelnuts.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for this post, Heidi! I was feeling rather hopeless today--But really, no matter what the situation, we are blessed with the most perfect HOPE that exists!

    ReplyDelete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...