I plunged a toilet for the first time in my life last week. Sorry if that's TMI for some of you out there. But not really cause this is my blog and I've decided to write about it. I won't go into too much more detail, I promise (maybe)
I know, 30 years old (almost 31) and I had NEVER done that particular deed before. Uh huh, always had a masculine type around to get it done. In fact, in our previous house the toilets plugged up quite a bit and one time they both plugged up at the same time and would not come unplugged no matter how much Claudio used that lovely plunger, oh yeah and I was about six months pregnant. That was fun
Anyhoo... I recently started a new job and wouldn't you know it, last week the water starts to rise instead of fall when I flush and I'm frantically thinking to myself "oh no oh no oh no" and out of the corner of my eye I see it, the plunger. So I grab it, plunge a couple times (plunging is gross, seriously) and lo and behold, the water drains. HOORAY! And now I'm scared to use the bathroom at work, but that's another blog post.
The whole incident was not life changing and if the toilet had overflowed it would not have been the end of the world. But it would have been a little uncomfortable to have to go get someone to show me where the supplies are to clean up the mess, and probably even more uncomfortable to clean up the mess! But certainly not a horrible, life shattering event.
So why am I sharing this with the entire world? Or my 10 followers (I love you guys, sea-ree-ous-lee!)
Well, lately my life has been feeling a little stuck. Not in a horrible way, but it's uncomfortable, that's for sure. Something needs to move. Not sure what it is, why I'm feeling this way. I mean, I'm comfortable. I have a fabulous husband and two crazy kids that I love more than myself. We own a beautiful home filled of lots of stuff which the commercials tell me will make me happy. Claudio and I both have jobs, we have food on the table we have friends we enjoy and extended family (three sets of Grandparents!) whom we love, all within a 20 minute drive. Really, what more could a girl ask for?
So why the "plugged" feeling?
I was reflecting this morning and the thought came to me that I need a plunger in my life. I know, classy analogy but it works...
I don't like change. I like to know when and how things are going to go, plan and make back-up plans. I want to have security and know that my life will roll along smoothly with no unexpected detours or closed lanes. Yet I feel God is working in my life and maybe He has another plan, maybe that's why I'm feeling so uncomfortable with being comfortable. Maybe He's going to have to plunge (eww) my life to help me move along the path He's chosen for me. It may mean a big life change or maybe it's just a big attitude adjustment, again, I'm not sure. But I do know that something's got to move.
And that's all I'm going to say about plugged toilets and plungers, I promise (for now)
Hee hee. Plunging. And I like the comment a home filled with all the stuff that the commercials tell me will make me happy. So true for me too. Why do I keep wanting more? No more stuff please!
ReplyDeleteExactly!
Delete