For those of you who don't know, Domingo's time with us has come to an abrupt end. It was not the ending I imagined or hoped for but the ending none the less.
I am sad and relieved at the same time. It had really gone downhill in the past couple of months, there was a real lack of communication and respect and Claudio and I were at our wit's end.
We had just gotten some family pictures done
I have bittersweet feelings when I look at these pictures. Mostly because I see what could have been. I guess God had other plans, for I know all things are in His control. Although Claudio and I were left unhappy by the way in which his time with us ended we have received so much encouragement from family and friends. Seriously, God has blessed us with amazing people in our lives who encouraged us so much in this whole situation.
In the end, I know God has a plan and a purpose for Domingo as well. He has his own road to travel and although God placed him in our care for a season, this season has ended.
I have been asked by some people if we will foster again. The answer is... I don't know.
Having Domingo live with us opened my eyes to the need for good foster parents, people who actually have love and compassion for these kids and are not just in it for the money. Was it hard though? Absolutely! However, despite how hard it was at times, I just can't shake the feeling that sometimes God calls us to hard things and I know we have a direct command in the Bible to look after "orphans and widows in their distress" James 1:27. God directly placed Domingo in our home and if He decides to do this again, I will not say no but until then we will rest.


Being a foster parent is an amazing act of kindness, strength, willingness, etc...I could go on. I know it is something I could never do, and I admire your courage for taking it on. I understand that it may not have gone the way you had hoped, but like you said, God has a plan and I believe people come in and out of your life at certain times for a reason.
ReplyDeleteThanks for visiting my blog by the way, and I'm following you now too! From www.cassandrazcorner.blogspot.com
Thanks for visiting Jenny, nice to meet you!
Delete