Saturday, January 22, 2011

Meal Planning

After Googa was born I had full intentions of creating several meal plans while I was on maternity leave so that when I went back to work I wouldn't have the constant frustration of coming home at 5 o'clock and not knowing what to make. I'm heading back to work on January 31, one week from now and not a single meal plan has been made. So I'm wondering, how do people do it? Any good suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. Hey Heidi, Just checking our your blog from the link on fb. I'm liking the layout and the little fishies swimming around at the top of the page. That's exciting news about taking in Domingo - I heard about it a little while ago. I'm glad it's working out so well.

    ~ Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you're brave enough to blog. Good for you! And I look forward to reading it.

    As for meal planning. I find that if I make a list of entrees, salads, sides and then keep that on the fridge I can pick from each of the catagories and see what I feel like making that day. I have a tough time following a strict plan cause I'll often change my mind around 3 pm and then the family ends up with hotdogs AGAIN.

    Good luck getting everything done in the last week that you planned for this last year:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noella, that's a great idea - my problem is usually thinking of something to make, too, so that would help.
    Do you have a slow-cooker, Heidi? On days that I was organized enough to get a meal in the slow-cooker before heading to work, I'd come home very relieved that at least the main part of the meal was ready.

    ReplyDelete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...