Well here I am. I've always enjoyed reading other people's blogs and follow several quite faithfully. I've never created one for myself however. Why? I'm not sure. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I'm not terribly disciplined and think I'd post a couple of times and then quit. Or maybe I'm worried that no one will find what I have to say interesting.
I used to write when I was younger and obviously wrote a lot while I was in university (essays). I have been told I am a good writer and have written some articles for our church when I was still at my parent's church. I also have several ideas for books/novels mulling around in my head.Yet I have yet to write a single word.
I could give the excuse that I have three boys and a husband to take care of . Plus I'll be working four days a week (starting Jan 31) and will be too tired by the time I get home to sit down and write. But these are just excuses.
I was recently challenged by the parable of the talents (Matthew 25:14-28). Although I always thought the treatment of the third servant was a little harsh, I understand that God has given us all at least one talent, gift, or whatever you want to call it. And we are called to use it. This does not mean that we will all be superstars. I may have a talent for writing but unless I exercise this gift it can not be improved or be used by God. I may never write a great novel, but if I commit to using and developing my talents and being open to God's leading then He will use my talent to glorify Him. So I am dipping my toes, so to speak, starting here.
Good for you for starting your own blog! Never worry that other people won't be interested - I always say, "If they're not interested, no one is forcing them to read it so it's not my fault":). You are a good writer and keeping a blog is very therapeutic. Stick with it! I'll be reading!
ReplyDelete