I am an ardent blog reader. I mean, I absolutely LOVE to read people's blogs. People I know, people I don't know, it doesn't matter. I have many blogs that I follow, more than I have listed here.
Now the thing is, most of the blogs that I follow, I found by accident. Through a link through someone else's blog, from a comment on a website, randomly through Google, etc.
When I created this blog, I decided I would keep it private. That means that it cannot be found through a search engine, you must know the exact URL to be able to find it. So my friends on Facebook can find it and other specific people that I've told. However, the other day I noticed that someone (a friend) had pinned one of my quiet book pictures the other day and then several more people re-pinned it. So now I have people who I don't know, visiting my blog and you know what? I kinda like it. (Totally cool that someone thought my quiet book was neat enough to pin too!)
What I want to know though, for those readers who also have their own blogs, do you have your blog private or not? Why? Also, some people use pseudonyms instead of their kid's real names (I do, obviously) but some don't. Does this matter to you? Why or why not? Those of you who don't have blogs are free to comment as well :)
I have mine public. I use my kids names and my husbands. I blog very personally sometimes. Why? There are those stangers that will reach out and give an encouraging word. There are those you're blog will help. I got a comment saying that my blog shed some light on the fact of how hard it is to be a truckers wife, since her sister was/is one. I like thinking that I'm helping others and maybe in turn they can help me. :)
ReplyDeleteThat's a good point, thanks for sharing Alicia.
ReplyDelete