Since February is the month of love, I thought I would share our love story.
Our parents met each other first and decided they should get their families together for supper. I did NOT want to go (and neither did Claudio and his siblings) but both our parents gave us no choice. When we walked in the house, Claudio and his siblings came downstairs, laughing and talking and Claudio looking oh.so.wow!
I remember sitting at the table, watching Claudio as he laughed and chatted with the rest of my family and thinking "I wonder if you know, the first time you meet your spouse" I was completely smitten but thought he would think I was too young (there is an eight year age gap between us.) My Dad started bugging me when we left "How about that Claudio guy, he seemed pretty nice, huh, huh?" Claudio's Mom also started in on him about me but he though I would think he was too old!
So both of us thought the other would think the age gap was too big and so over the next year we would see each other from time to time, talk, laugh and flirt but nothing came of it until once again, family intervened.
I had become friends with Claudio's sister and one day she invited me to their youth group and she drove. The evening went well and at the end, sister suggested that she was going to hang out with her boyfriend and that Claudio should give me a ride home. On the way home (despite his twin brother jumping in the back seat!) Claudio managed to ask me to go to Banff with him for lunch the next weekend.
That, as they say, was the beginning of the end. It only took two months of dating to know I wanted to marry this man, four to get engaged and it was exactly one year and ten days from our first date to our wedding day.
I love you babe and I still think you're oh.so.wow!


What a cute story!! You guys are an amazing couple :))
ReplyDelete