Saturday, September 20, 2014

We're Here!

The last time I moved, it was from a small town to the big city. I was 8 years old and going into grade 3. I purposely didn't learn my new phone number for a whole year, a small rebellion against the change that had not been my choice. Some people enjoy change, I can tell you, I'm not one of them.

So now here we are, in a new city, in a new province. Not terribly far away, we can still go home quite easily at Christmas and during the summer, but far enough that we most likely won't go back more often than that. Said good bye to family and friends  and loaded up the car. Our stuff is all in storage at both our parents' and we are living in a furnished suite while we wait to get into our new home (hopefully by the end of October but it may take until the end of November... I'll keep you updated when I know).

The suite is beautiful, fireplace (not that we've needed it, the weather's been fantastic!) Big, newer kitchen, two bedroom and two bathrooms. Perfect for this in between time. I haven't had to learn a new phone number yet, we still have our old cell phones with our old numbers but that should change this coming week and I'm thinking I'll try to be a little more mature this time around :)

The monkeys!

Lemon Boy will be starting school on Monday, he's excited to meet new friends and I'm excited that I no longer have to "home school." I realize that it's a great choice for some families but not for this one. Lemon Boy and I are just a little too much alike and I could not be more grateful for the teachers that will take over this task next week!

Googa has decided his new name is Shark. Any time he has to introduce himself he tells them his name is "Shark Lastname." He's informed us that it's not "Shark Googa Lastname" not "Shark Middlename Lastname" just "Shark Lastname." It's made all the more funny because he's so serious about it too!

Both boys are adjusting amazingly well to all the change. Sure there are days when they act out a little but there has not been a lot of tears or even talk about missing their old home. Once we get into the routine of school and making new friends I think it will be even better.

Little Jewel is growing like the proverbial weed. She is almost 8 months and thinking about crawling but not quite there yet. She loves her brothers and they just adore her. Baby girl loves to eat and gets right ticked off if she sees that anyone else is eating when she's not and she let's you know on no uncertain terms!

Sunday afternoon activity of throwing rocks into the ocean. Enjoyed by boys of all ages!
As for me, well, things are going okay. The whole moving thing has seemed surreal since we first decided to go and it's still unbelievable to me that this island is my home now! It seems a little like we're on an extended vacation where Claudio still has to work!

Yesterday however, I was driving home with the kids from our very first play-date here and all of a sudden the sun broke through the clouds and the view before me was just gorgeous! I was admiring the scenery and thinking about the good time we'd just had with new friends and all of a sudden it felt almost like a tiny root was pushing out... claiming this place for it's own.

On a side note... the spiders here are HUGE! Ugh! That's one thing I don't know if I'll ever get used too! May need to stock up on some nose rings although if one of those nasties lands on me I'll most likely keel over from heart failure anyways. Pray for me (no seriously!)

2 comments:

  1. Heidi, so glad to hear that everyone is adjusting well to the new surroundings. Enjoyed reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, you're on an island? That's pretty cool. The ocean looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...