Of course I'm thankful for my family, Claudio and the kids are always on my thankful list.
Thankful for our health, thankful for God's provision in our lives.
The easy stuff, thankful for a warm house, working car(s) and food to eat.
I'm thankful for all those things but lately I haven't had an attitude of thankfulness for my family.
I was reading though past posts earlier this week and came across the one I wrote about the time I lost Lemon Boy in a large Rec Centre when he was 2 years old. He was missing for around 30 minutes (the longest 30 minutes of my life)
Reading those words and remembering how I felt has made me (once again!) reassess my current attitude. See I have these reminders every once in a while but it is so easy to forget in between.
So I've been doing this little thing with the boys on the way to school (yes, Jewel is there too but she's currently too little to participate) where we each have to list three things that we're thankful for. It takes about two minutes of our drive and often the boys say the same things over and over and sometimes I do too. But I've realized it's not actually about what we're listing but more about taking a minute each day to consciously be thankful. This is something that I truly have to work on and I hope to one day be in a place where thankfulness is not something that takes a reminder and an effort but is a central part of my life. One step at a time.
So how about you? What are you thankful for today?

No comments:
Post a Comment
Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)