Hello?
Anyone out there?
Oh hey, yeah it's me.
I know, I know, you thought I was never coming back. To be honest I was kinda thinking the same thing. I took a break to work some things out and once I stopped writing it just became easier and easier to forget about it. Then the thought of starting again, explaining my absence and figuring out what to write started to look harder and harder. So I almost let it go and deleted the blog, but somehow I couldn't. This little blog has wound it's way into my heart. I've learned and re-learned lessons from my own musings and I couldn't erase all that.
So I won't go into a big long explanation as to why I stopped writing. I was not in a good place and even though I tried to power though, all those deep feelings were seeping through in my writing as much as I tried to hide them. I'm all for honesty in blogging and it is okay to share deep feelings but when it involves other people there is definitely need for discretion.
God is still working in my life, he placed some amazing friends/family who listened and prayed and helped me start to work through the mess of that situation and the other issues that have surfaced since. It's a good thing He never gives up on us. Although I'll admit my faith was severely tested and at times I truly believed it was broken, God continues to speak to me. Not audibly (unfortunately, that would be awesome!) but through things that I read and people in my life. I'll always be amazed at how God pursues us and hopefully someday will be able to share some of my thoughts on that pursuit.
In the meantime however, our life has pretty drastically changed. If you recall, I was working full-time during the day so that Claudio could also work full-time (mostly at night) as a youth pastor/janitor. Well since then Claudio has moved on to working full-time as a house painter and I am at home with the boys and our new baby girl!
Introducing our new little "Jewel"
Born January 2014
Her brothers and parents are most definitely smitten. I always said I loved being a mother of boys and it's true. However, I have to admit I love dressing her in all those pretty little pink and purple outfits! I'm currently on maternity leave and if all goes according to plan,I should continue to be a SAHM when my mat leave is up. However, I know all too well that things don't always go according to The Plan. I have no idea what God has in store for us, but through all this I'm learning, once again, that I am not in control and although I don't always know what's best, God does and He is always working, drawing me into deeper relationship with Him.
So we'll see where God leads us next. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the new experience of being a stay-at-home Mom of three. Believe me, this is not for the faint of heart! I know as a working Mom I always thought I had it hard but being a stay-at-home Mom, although different, is equally as challenging.
Well I think that's enough of my rambling for now. Hopefully my next post is not quite as all over the place.
Thanks for those of you who still read this little blog and to those who encouraged me to get back into writing for it.

Great to see you back! What a beautiful baby girl...congratulations!!
ReplyDeleteI was so glad to see your name in my feed. I have missed you. Sometimes when friendships are in this online world, you kind of wonder when people just drop off the face of the earth. I missed you. I am all about honesty too, but I totally get the other people angle. It makes it hard. Praying for you! And congratulations on your baby girl!
ReplyDeleteHeidi! I was so excited to see your post! And a baby girl! How precious. So happy for you. I enjoy having a girl around. One of the funny things is (she's now 5) seeing how emotional she gets. I think, and I like that? Was I like that? :-)
ReplyDelete