Monday, April 4, 2011

Personal Property

Lemon Boy has a little chair (looks kind of like our Poang chairs from Ikea) that he sits in to read, watch tv, etc. Recently Googa has decided that he wants to sit in it too, and there have been a few scuffles between the boys, usually ending with me removing Googa and telling him that it's Lemon Boy's chair.

 The other day, as I was again prying Googa away from Lemon Boy's chair, I remembered that our baby swing has a removable seat that can be used as a toddler chair. So I brought it up from the basement, dusted it off and showed it to Googa and told him that this chair was his.

He immediately climbed in and sat there, looking at his book, all casual like he does this every day.



He gets out a few seconds later and of course, Lemon Boy now wants to see the "new" chair and sits down. Googa stops what he is doing, walks over to his chair and grabs Lemon Boy's shirt, trying to pull him out. So Lemon Boy tries to barter "Googa, you can sit in my chair and I'll sit in yours." I obligingly place Googa in Lemon Boy's chair to which he promptly gets off, walks over to Lemon Boy and again grabs his shirt and tries to pull him off.


Too funny! How does a 13 month old understand the concept of personal property?

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big they are already! They're beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH those lil people are SO smart! This is such a cute story. Your lil ones are adorable. I love the faces they are making in the bottom pic.Thanks for linking up to FBF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. Cute! Is this a flashback? I gotta check out how old they are now. Visiting from Noël's friday flashback.

    ReplyDelete

Like most bloggers I heart comments (the nice ones anyways). They make my day! I will try to reply by email if possible but if you are a no-reply blogger then I'll reply here :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...